Garlic: Garlic is a spicy onion that is used as a cooking spice and as an herbal medicine. The tree is a flowering monocotyledonous perennial shrub of the lily class. Scientific name Allium sativum.
Suitable land and soil
Soil rich in organic matter and easily ground is suitable for garlic.
Introduction to garlic varieties
There is no specific variety of garlic. The varieties of garlic that scientists produce in different countries are cultivated in those countries. It is possible to produce different quality crops of these varieties in different countries.
Garlic has many medicinal properties. Regular consumption of garlic helps in controlling blood pressure and blood sugar. Garlic enhances immunity and works against various types of cancer.
The first week of mid-October-November is a suitable time for the Rabi season.
Garlic koya is planted in the soil by making a ditch so that the water does not freeze. For planting garlic in the line, usually 4 m long and 1.5 m wide blocks are made. Garlic koya should be planted in a 1 (one) inch deep drain 3-4 inches apart in a line of four inches distance. At the time of planting, the tip of the coir should be kept on top and covered with soil.
The amount of seeds
Depending on the variety, 2-3 kg of garlic per hundred.
Fertilizer management in garlic
The amount of fertilizer per hectare in garlic is 10 tons of dung, 200 kg of urea, 125 kg of TSP, 100 kg of MOP, 20 kg of Zinc Sulphate, 10 kg of borax and 100 kg of gypsum. All dung, TSP, Zinc Sulphate, borax and gypsum should be mixed with the soil during land preparation. 30 days after planting and 60 days after planting, top fertilizer is applied in 1st and 2nd installment respectively. 100 kg urea and 50 kg MOP fertilizer are applied per hectare at a time.
If there is lack of sap in the soil, irrigation should be given from time to time. If the soil is mulched with a layer of dried water hyacinth or paddy straw 4 to 5 cm thick, the yield of garlic is good. In this case more irrigation is not required. If you cultivate without mulch, depending on the type of land, irrigation should be given after 15 to 20 days. After irrigating the land, Joe must come and break the sack. Irrigation drain should be opened 30-60 minutes after irrigation. Irrigation should be stopped 3 weeks before collection of garlic.
If weeds appear, they need to be cleared. Land regularly monitor the land. After irrigating and fertilizing, Joe came and picked the weeds. Weeds should be controlled 20-25 days after seedling emergence. If the tree is very dense, it should be thinned out.
Garlic leaf-rolling insects Emamectin benzoate (e.g. Proclaim 10 gm) or Cypermethrin insecticide (e.g. Ripcord 10 liquid or Simbush 10 liquid 20 ml / 4 mouth) should be mixed in 10 liters of water and sprayed twice every 5 days for 10 days. Have to. Care should be taken while spraying the medicine.
In order to control thrips insects, Imidachloroprid pesticides (like Admire or Tido 7-10 ml / 2 mouth) should be mixed in 10 liters of water and sprayed 2/3 times every 5 days for 10 days. Care should be taken while spraying the medicine.
In case of infestation of small spiders, sulfur species (Cumulus DF or Ronovit 80WG or Thiovit 80WG or Sulfolac 80WG, Maxulfur 60WG or Sulfatex 80WG) should be mixed at 250 gm per 10 liters of water.
The name of the disease
Purple Bosnach / Bosnite Introduction: This disease causes the most damage to onions. The leaves and stems of the tree are affected at any age. Onions do not flower in more attacks and the crop is less. Infected seeds cannot be stored for long. The market price goes down.
The cause of the disease
The disease is caused by the fungi Alternaria pori and Stemphyllum botryosum.
At first, small water-soaked light purple spots are formed on the stem. The spots grow into large spots and the affected area dries out like straw.
- Infected leaves gradually begin to die from the upper side.
- Spots on the affected area at the base of the leaf or stem increase and suddenly the leaf or seed-bearing stem breaks and the seed becomes malnourished and the yield is reduced.
When it rains, the disease spreads rapidly.
The disease is spread through infected seeds, abandoned parts of trees and air.
- Use of disease resistant or tolerant varieties
- Use of disease free seeds
- Following the crop stage means not planting onions in the same land for at least 4 consecutive years
- Abandoned part of onion plant, weed destruction
- Apply the prescribed dose of approved fungicide.
Stem rot disease
The name of the disease
Causes of stem rot disease: This disease is caused by fungi called Sclerosium rolfsii and Fusarium. Introduction: Trees can be affected by this disease at any age. Its attack can be seen in tubers and roots. Infected tubers cannot be stored for long and can be stored for a long time.
The leaves of the affected tree turn yellow and fall off.
When pulled, the affected tree easily emerges from the soil along with the tuber (onion). White fungus and round brown fungus bead (sclerosium) are found in the affected area.
The disease spreads rapidly in soils with high heat and humidity. Irrigation of the field also increases the disease. Spread: Since the germs of this disease live in the soil, the disease is spread through irrigation water and by working tools during inter-care in the soil.
- Infected trees must be removed and destroyed.
- The soil cannot be kept moist all the time.
- Onion / garlic cannot be cultivated in the affected land every year.
- Approved fungicides should be applied in prescribed doses.
Carefully read the label on the bottle or packet before using the pesticide / pesticide and follow the instructions. Wear safety clothing when in use. Do not smoke or drink while using. Make sure that the water of the pesticide sprayed land does not mix with the open water. Market the crop of pesticide applied land after at least 7 to 15 days. Wear safety clothing when using pesticides / insecticides. Do not smoke or drink while using.
When the leaves of the garlic plant turn brown after drying, it is suitable for picking garlic. Garlic is picked from the tree and the dead leaves are dried and stored in the shade. Yield 10-12 tons per hectare.
The lower part of the beetroot of the garlic plant changes to form a bulb-like organ which is used as a spice in cooking. The main difference with onions is the white color and many quart bunches.
The soil has to be shaken and cleaned. Then dry in the shade for 3-4 days. Garlic can become soft when dried in the sun. Garlic is then cut from the stalks and preserved. Hang the dried garlic seeds on a lightly ventilated platform. Garlic is good in it. When it becomes too much, dry it and put it in a sack. In addition, plenty of dried garlic at 0-2 ঃ C. Store at room temperature 70-80% humidity for more days.
Use of garlic
Garlic is used as a spice. Moreover, garlic is used in making various pickles and delicious food. Just as garlic plays an important role in satisfying our hunger, it is also used to protect against vampires. All these stories about garlic have been spread for hundreds of years. There are even ‘myths’ that are more than 6,000 years old.
1. Garlic is the main medium of ‘white magic’ in Europe. Even with this garlic the Europeans fight against the vampires. It is believed that vampires cannot come by hanging garlic or garlic garlands in front of the house.
2. According to Islam, it is haram to go to the mosque after eating garlic. Because, with the smell of garlic, the mind can go away with the name of Allah.
Hindus also avoid garlic during worship or when going to temples. Because, many Hindus think, the smell of garlic spoils the purity of mind.
3. Burnt garlic mixed with camphor relieves mosquitoes, flies and insects. Cleaning the house by mixing garlic powder with water also gives relief from insects and spiders.
4. Garlic has 17 levels of amino acids. These amino acids help the body’s internal organs to function. This is because 75 percent of the human body is made up of these amino acids.
5. Garlic is widely used in Chinese food because 66% of the world’s garlic is produced there.
6. Garlic was used in the treatment of gangrene in the wounded soldiers of the First World War when the sulfur reserves were low.
7. Garlic is very good for heart. This is because eating raw garlic lowers cholesterol. Garlic diet is also very effective in cold and cough.
8. To remove the smell of garlic from the hands, rub your hands in a steel dish in cold water. The smell will disappear.
9. April 19 is celebrated all over the world as ‘Garlic Day’.
10. Garlic is also used in various sweet national dishes. Notable among these is ‘Lasun Ki Khir’.
Garlic is the most successful commercial herbal supplement in the world. In 2004, more than 27 million worth of herbal garlic products were sold. Garlic is thought to have the following benefits:
- Lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Beneficial for coronary heart disease
Garlic contains a lot of meat, a lot of calcium and a little bit of Vitamin C.
- Reduces shortness of breath
- Helps in digestion
- Increases the speed of urination
- Exhales mucus from the airways
- Asthma relieves the patient
- Reducing hypertension
- Reduces hair follicles
- Reduces cholesterol levels in the body
- Cures various diseases of the bones.